While traveling wearing comfortable clothes is a must. Travel pants are great as they can be worn practically anywhere and are super easy to maintain. But if you have been conned by advertisements for the best travel pants with products that are below par quality and destroyed within a single use you are at the right place.
After years of experience and trying out all varieties of travel pants we have shortlisted seven of the best travel pants that will make every journey pleasurable. You can find all the necessary information on how to choose the best travel pants and which are the best and how to further narrow down the choice between them.
|1st||UNIONBAY Travel Tech Chino||Men’s||4,6||155||$16 to,55||Free Shipping|
|2nd||Prana Brion||Men’s||4.3||296||$60||9 Colors Availiable|
|3rd||Savane Herringbone||Men’s||4.4||210||$19||Low Pricve – Free Shipping|
|4th||Outdoor Research Ferrosi||Men’s||4.5||209||$70||Amazon’s Choice|
|5th||prAna Halle Pant||Women’s||4.5||799||$50,00||Best Seller|
|6th||Columbia WBC Pant||Women’s||4.7||536||$29||60% OFF – SAVE $45|
|7th||TacLite Pro||Men’s||4.5||4863||$49,99||9% OFF – Only 6 Left|
I. Understand Travel pants:
Sometimes during travel, you might not have access to clothes your brand or fit, or there may be no facilities for online shopping at such times you need a pair that can be worn repeatedly with minimal to no maintenance on a daily basis. Here are a few pointers to know travel pants better.
1. Fabric: It is important that the fabric is comfortable and suitable for long time wear by wicking away moisture and keeping you dry. The best travel pants will be:
- Resistant to water, stains, and wrinkles
- Quick drying
While cotton is good, 100% cotton is not the right choice for travel. You must look for nylon, polyester, rayon or cotton polyester blend for maximum comfort.
2. Weight and space: The best travel pant will be lightweight and easy to pack and will occupy limited space.
3. Versatile: You must be able to wear your travel pants not only for hiking, walking, lounging but also for dinners and formal meetings and presentations. The best travel pants will blend into all situations and need not be dowdy at all.
4. Pockets: It is advisable to carry all your important documents like passports, IDs, and money on your person in a foreign land. Hence, look for pants that have more pockets and these pockets must be deep to prevent your stuff from falling off.
5. Convertible: Since space is a precious commodity during travel it will be beneficial to have a pair that can be transformed into shorts or capris either by unzipping or rolling up.
6. Neutral colors: The best travel pants should always be in neutral colors as it is easy to coordinate neutral colors with all accessories and even with patterned shirts and tees.
7. Fit: Fit: Not too tight nor too lose at the waist and must give you enough leeway to bend, squat and get up easily. Check if there are belt loops or does the waist have an elastic fit. Check the waist size because not all brands follow the standard sizes.
Seven “Top rated” & Dominants Travel Pants
1st Dominants – UNIONBAY Travel Tech Chino
UNIONBAY travel pants made of 94% nylon and 6% spandex are stretchy, water resistant and quick drying in nature. It can be machine washed. It has mesh-lined side leg pocket with a zip closure. It is suitable for hiking, travel and even playing golf.
- Water resistant
- Quick drying
- Can be machine washed
- Available in neutral colors
- Pocket with zips.
- Not waterproof
- Do not have an expandable waist.
User reviews: This pair of travel pants have been found to be immensely comfortable and stretchy. The side phone pocket has been much appreciated by one and all.
2nd Dominants – Prana Brion (For Men)
Packed with rugged durability, the Prana Brion is a straight leg pant with five pockets and fixed waist with belt loops. It showcases the much-desired feature in best travel pants – the durable water repellent technology. This all-purpose pant is manufactured from 97% nylon and 3% spandex. Its slim fit belies the immense stretch the fabric has.
- Water and abrasion resistant
- Fixed waist with belt loops
- Five pockets
- Dries quickly
- Very comfortable.
- not enough insulation
- not enough waist sizes
- the bottom frays easily and is wide unlike stated by manufacturer
- the pockets are not deep enough.
User reviews: Many customers believe the travel pants are great for hiking and regular use but not really suitable for cold weather and for carrying stuff in the pockets.
3rd Dominants – Savane Herringbone (For Men)
Made from 100% polyester the Savane Herringbone travel pants feature permanent leg crease, a slim fit, and a comfortable waistband. These pants can be worn straight from the backpack because they are wrinkle free, require no iron and are also crush-proof. Lightweight and comfortable these pants come in neutral colors.
- good fit
- remains new even after frequent wash
- lightweight material
- the crease remains intact even after several uses.
- Little longer in length than other pants
- The stitches in the waistband come off after a few uses
- The polyester material might not be too comfortable for some people.
User reviews: In general, customers are happy with the good fit and lightweight nature of these pants though there are some concerns that the pants are not slim fit and appear a bit baggy.
4th Dominants – Outdoor Research Ferrosi (For Men)
One of the best travel pants for men, the Ferrosi is a comfortable blend of nylon and ripstop spandex making it immensely stretchable at the same time resistant to abrasions. It has several pockets placed where cleverly for easy access; all pockets are zippered. Lightweight, wind resistant and rugged these breathable pants are very comfortable even for climbing and dancing.
- Wind resistant
- Abrasion and water resistant
- Zipper pockets
- Good fit.
- Pockets are small sized
- No integrated belt
User reviews: Durable, amazing and fantastic are some of the words used by the customers to describe these pants.
5th Dominants – PrAna Halle Pant (For Women)
These stretch Zion fabric travel pants for women have articulated knees and a snap front for a smooth look. They are stretchable and very comfortable for lounging. The length is ideal and the pair is lightweight. But there are a few issues with the swishing sound the pants make while walking.
- Good fit
- Back pocket and leg pocket for small items
- Drawstring at the waist to secure better
- Makes swishing sound while moving
- Too baggy and not suitable for hiking
User reviews: Long-legged lassies are immensely pleased with the length of the legs while the other users like the overall comfort and breathability of the pants.
6th Dominants – Columbia WBC Pant (For Women)
One of the best travel pants in the women’s section, the Columbia can withstand repeated washings without losing shape or color. It is lightweight as it is made from 96% nylon and 4% elastane. The Omni-shield advanced repellant feature makes it water resistant and suitable for the harsh weather while drying quickly even indoors.
- Does not fade with frequent washing
- Retains shape and does not sag at the bottom
- Comfortably stretchy
- Dries quickly
- Easily packable
- Doesn’t need ironing as they are wrinkle resistant
- Fabric pilling is frequent
- The waist is larger than standard sizes
- The drawstring stretches with use
User reviews: They are comfortable light and fit perfectly and are apparently one of the favorite pairs of pants for most individuals.In fact, several users call them the best travel pants they have ever possessed and plan to get some more.
7st Dominants – TacLite Pro (For Men)
This is one of the truly best travel pants for men in this section. Made from 65% polyester and 35% polycotton ripstop the material is really rugged and built to last. Further, the Teflon wear resistant finish makes it very durable and resistant to wears and tears. The makers have provided several useful pockets to keep magazines, cell phones, and even a knife pocket. All accessories are atop quality which includes the zippers, the snaps, and loops. The seams have been reinforced for greater durability.
- Heavy duty construction
- Comfortable fit
- 12 high capacity pockets with varying uses
- Teflon finish for stain and soil resistance
- Gusseted construction
- Knee areas are padded and thick
- Lot of belt loops to carry things
- Quick dry material
- Stretchy waistband
- Color Fades
- The edges fray too easily
- Baggy fit especially in the crotch region.
User reviews: Users appreciate the depth and number of pockets though some users do not like the loose baggy like the appearance of the pants.
II. How to choose between them
Are you more confused than before not to worry, we will guide you here also? Your final choice must be based on your budget and material, but always remember quality and cost go hand in hand so don’t compromise on this front. Another important point to consider is the fit. It is of no use if the travel pants meet all the criteria but are uncomfortable, especially in the crotch area. Do not buy without trying. And finally, during travel you may not have the luxury of hand washing or dry cleaning your clothes; hence easy maintenance must be the final buying guideline. Any model that can be washed easily should take precedence over the rest; anyway, all the other models are wrinkle resistant so you needn’t worry about ironing.
Travel Pants Accessories
Along with the best travel pants, there are certain other accessories that will make your journey smooth and easy.
1. Wicking Thermal Pant
The wet cold weather can seep through lightweight pants and leave you extremely uncomfortable. But a good quality wicking thermal pant will be a good investment if you wish to visit any cold regions as it will absorb the moisture and sweat and keep you dry, warm and comfortable during.
Invest in good quality underwear that will not only keep you comfortably dry but will also have some antibacterial properties and will keep you smelling fresh. Cotton is the best choice but if you want a quick-drying model go for blends of cotton and spandex which are comfortable and fit perfectly.
3. Socks and shoes:
A good pair of shoes and sweat-wicking, breathable, blister free socks are a key to happy feet during any trip. Buy shoes according to the need, for example, for hiking choose shoes with grip and able to withstand harsh weather.
Even the best travel pants need some support. A good quality belt will hold the pant in place. Choose belts that are larger than your pant size and ensure that the width of the belt will fit in the belt loops on your pants.
The best travel pants will not only be durable, comfortable and affordable but stylish too. Do you agree with our list? In case you have your own favorites do not hesitate to comment on the page and we will be happy to know more about these products.